english | german
Dr. Maria Rauschenberger (Google Scholar Publikations, Universitat Pompeu Fabra) received 2015 a PhD Fellowship at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra and is focusing since then on the playful and early screening of dyslexia. She received her PhD in 2019 with the Web Research Group in Barcelona and her advisors are Ricardo Baeza-Yates (publications) and Luz Rello (publication).
Maria showed in her Ph.D. that a playful
approach combined with music and visual elements can detect children with dyslexia. Early screening (detection) will prevent children from suffering in school until they are detected due to bad grades. Also, children with support at an early stage in life will improve spelling and reading but also improve confidence in their own skills. (LinkedIn | Researchgate | Xing)
Do you want to test my application?
At the moment we are searching for participants for our online-study for the early detection of dyslexia. Participants should be between 8 and 12 years old. We need children with and without Dyslexia. Children can be speaking either English, Spanish or German. Duration: 10 Minutes
For participating – please send us your contact details via the form – thank you.
- Jörg Thomaschewski , University of Applied Science Emden/Leer
- Janka Melgert-Retelsdorf, FörderInstitut Psychologisches Pädagogisches Zentrum
- Andreas Hinderks, Eva Maria Schön and Dominique Winter
- Measurement of User Experience – UEQ: User Experience Questionnaire
Wie die Welt von morgen aussehen wird, hängt in großem Maß von der Einbildungskraft jener ab, die gerade jetzt lesen lernen. – Astrid Lindgren
a litte more …
- There was a time when I knew most of the good books from the fantasy section at my school and I read all books of Harry Potter at least 5 times. I still enjoy stories very much. In my childhood, I loved comic books because I did not need to read much. They were the key to my fascination of stories and reading.